Best Buys

Friday, March 17, 2017

Holi and other unholy things ...

This was the Holi week and people still are celebrating in different forms, today being Rang panchami in Maharashtra ( playing with colours) 
Now I love all festivals and celebrated holi with gusto ( check the pic below) however I have not attached the unholy image of me going completely wild banging drums (Thali - plate to be precise) and yelling my lungs out πŸ™ˆ.
Don't worry you won't be seeing that picture in the near future ( rather never future) Though my hubby was cheeky enough to put the entire video on my snapchat as well as his. Don't you ask - he is one big monster πŸ€—
I am not sure whether i like to play with colours or no. I am unable to decide that Cause no matter how much I enjoy playing with colours the after effects of having to scrub them out from your hair and skin is a torture. I am too lazy you see. This year i didnt play just FYI however before like just 15 days I was playing in Gulal thanks to the elections. Now does that count ( may be that's why I was more lazy to play holi this time around.

The flames look so pretty na... the rangoli (white design) was made by me. Not overly pretty but not half as bad. πŸ˜‰

Coming back to holi we did have a pretty little one at my parents place with all traditions and loads of fun. I love traditions, I think they are beautiful, they have deep meaning behind them which most of the times is scientific and relevant (sometimes to more or less the olden times ).
Holi is to lighten up the darkness from within and around you, to burn the evil within us and around us. 


Holi means you get to enjoy Mom's Puran Poli (sweet bread) drenched in ghee with spicy amti  (gravy), milk, crispy Bhajia  ( fritters) and crackers along with varan  (dal) bhat (rice) not to forget the ghee again.. πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ it's complete love for me and I love it all steaming hot  (spoilt brat mom's love πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰) 


It's the weekend and see what I have whipped up ---- lazy me ---- but yummy too. 
Quick fix for that yummy comforting tummy fill ... Fried some Venky's burger patties ... crisped the burger bun with garlic butter ... dollop of eggless mayo a lovely hint ( much more than a hint πŸ˜‹ ) of Nandos very very hot sauce.. onions....loads of lettuce.. some sun dried tomatoes .. diced olives and my burger was ready ... I tried some extra spicy chicken fingers and some more olives and sun dried tomatoes on the side with a tall glass of banana milk shake . .. needless to say it was too much for me .. but nevertheless it was extremely yummy... devoured it in front of the idiot box ... comforting lazy days ...... πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”πŸ”


And finally Summer is here and I just wanna keep drinking fluids which is a real good thing because body gets really dehydrated and you need to consume loads of fluids to stay cool, hydrated and keep the sugar level in balance. 
I love iced teas and this summer I got this new pack of Mango, passion fruit and pineapple ice tea from Nestea which is really good. I love everything mango so I had to have this. 
You can definitely check it out if you like. 
I liked and I am planning to try some more mango and berry flavours in the market. Do suggest me some if you know some good ones. 
That's my summer.... just drink drink drink and then binge eat... read... roam and chillax ... some times I feel I am a Lazy Panda 🐼🐼🐼 
On that thought, I leave you all ... to go drink some cold coffee another favourite. 
That was all for today. 

See you soon.
Until then. 
Stay Happy.
Happy Summers!

xoxo
Bhakti 




No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like