Best Buys

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Italy Via Punjab Review

I love my food a bit Indianised, masala marke.. be it any cuisine I love a bit of Indian taste to it (now don't we all do). I have forgotten how many number of times I have told the server please make it extra spicy or added condiments like no ones business ( completely guilty but hey I am being honest now ). 
Dil se Desi forever.... 
I love Chindian crazy and I add Indian spices to my pastas πŸ™ˆ 
So when I heard about this place Italy Via Punjab i was surprised... now all Indians love Punjabi food ... so just imagine coupling two of my loves together. 
I was dreaming about two rich cuisines and imagined dollops of Makkhan and cheese as their amalgamation ❤❤❤
Excited to try this place and wanted to see whether it matched my expectations. 
I embarked on this journey... 
So you are coming with me right πŸ€” ? 
Then let's go πŸš—









It has a lovely rustic ambience with hand carts for tables and drums for seats... The place has dhaba type setting and seating. And not only that it is completely VFM on your pocket just like a dhaba and that too serving huge portions.

The chef and owner Ninad Joshi is the man behind it all. He has curated the entire menu and believe you me the menu is huge with vast variety. He has come up with genius fusion dishes as well as has ample variety of Punjabi and Italian Classics. Kudos !
Coming to the main part... 
Gimme food. 


Here it comes ... 
To chill that Summer heat... 
Brownie shake Γ nd KitKat shake... 
Rs 130 and Rs 120 each. 
They were really yummy and completely filling and at that price. 
I would have really enjoyed them Had they been chilled or cold. They were served luke warm and honestly I don't like the smell of luke warm milk and saying that still I finished half of it ... that means they were really yummy. 


Peppered tomato Bruschetta 
Tomato, basil and Mozarella over a garlic naan. 
It's like masala papad meets Bruscetta. 
I really liked it... only thing they drizzled tad too much olive oil on it. Which was actually dripping on the plate as we ate. 
Must try but please let them know to go a bit light on the olive oil. 


Chicken Olive rolls
Loved these... 
Olive wrapped in chicken marinated in pesto sauce and grilled to perfection. They are served with pickled mayo ( had this foΕ• the first time) 
The mayo has distinct taste of kairi ka achar.. 
The chicken was succulent and tender with Italian flavours of olive and pesto perfectly grilled in tandoor and served with achar mayo... what perfection ... what fusion ... 
Highly Recommended 



Rosemary Murg Kebab.
Tandoori grilled chicken with a subtle hint of Rosemary. 
For those who like their meat with subtle taste.


Kheema Bolognese... 
The kheema was nice and masaledaar. However I found the spaghetti too dry. 


Paneer Tikka Canelloni 
Rolled pasta with paneer tikka served in that delish sauce with baby garlic naan. This was an amazing amalgamation of true Italy meets Punjab.  The fusion was superb and blended so well ... each bite was #chakdefatteitalianpathe



Morney 
Classic Italian Pasta. 
Using their finest cheese sauce made with mozzarella. 
For the cheese lovers... 


Chicken Cossentra 
Chicken roulade stuffed with mushrooms, olives and parmesan, served with mango salsa and butter garlic tomato sauce. 
I fell in love with this dish as soon as it arrived and couldn't wait to have it... 
Looks are deceptive and this sure was the case... I don't know whether I was having a bad day or this dish... but I didn't like anything about it. The chicken was drizzled with mango syrup which made it sweet along with the tomato sauce which was too tangy and this combination just didn't work for me. The rice was undercooked and I didn't fancy the bread ... I will give this a miss... or may be another try to be just... but this time It sure wasn't a success... 




Baby Corn Saag Chilly 
Loved this one. 
Sweet baby corn in a creamy spinach gravy.
Just wish it had more baby corn. 


Dhania aur Chaaswala Gosht 
Tender meat on the khatta side with buttermilk and green spices. 


Masala Chai Pannacotta 
Imagine your favourite masala chai in a nice wobbly Panacotta with mango sauce. 
I honestly didn't like the bitter flavours of the drink in a sweetdish. 



Btw I almost forgot to tell you how much in love I was with their plates which were super pretty. Check in all the food pictures and observe the plates. I am sure you will agree with me. 


I went Desi for this one ...i wanted to feel part of the character... so dil se Desi 😜
So that was it... there were too many things to have but we were so full. 
It's a very interesting concept with some amazing dishes. Do give it a try if you are in that area.


Address: Shop no 4, Nine Hills, Near RIMS International School, NIBM, Pune.
Timings: 11:30 to 11:30
Contact: 02065207477/9011512076

Until then it's me signing off. 

xoxo
Bhakti 

P.s the review was on invitation however the views expressed are solely mine based on my experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like