Its the Holiday season,
the season of red,
of Santa and his goodies,
cookies and cakes,
of carols and stories,
of Rudolph and his nose red.
Its season for celebration
yes, its Christmas ahead...
Christmas is a festival which is celebrated world wide. A festival of joy and cheer. People all over the world celebrate Christmas. One does not just need to belong to any one religion to celebrate any particular festival. I for one celebrate Diwali, Eid, Christmas and all other festivals with equal panache. Christmas brings back memories of childhood. The Christmas carols in school, the enactment of Jesus Christ's birth, decorating Christmas trees, yummy food, sharing candies, watching holiday movies, exchanging gifts, dreaming about Santa and his bag of goodies. Not much has changed for me ;p
Well I still celebrate the festival with equal fervour if not more.
Christmas every year for me is family time. Time to share love and happiness. Preparing yummy delicacies, cookies, brownies, cakes, puddings. Sharing the meal with the entire family. Buying small thoughtful gifts for loved ones. And arranging it under the small artificial Christmas tree, which I love to decorate with stringers and stars. Singing Christmas carols, and reading Christmas story. And how can one miss the adorable holiday movies, you can check the list of my favourite holiday movies out here. Sharing happiness as an entire family. I even love to make handmade gifts for everybody.
One should also try and donate whatever one can, toys sweets food clothes to the people in need. Be thankful for everything and share the joys.
Though the malls are over crowded one should have a look at their decorations and Christmas fervour if possible.
This is how I celebrate my Christmas with hot cups of coco and my loved ones. To see my celebrations keep following me on my Instagram handle and Facebook Page and get the latest tid bits of Christmas in my house.
Here is my short list of how you can also bring in the Christmas celebrations.
- decorate the house, let the Christmas celebrations begin.
- Tell the children the meaning of Christmas and its importance, read Christmas stories, even adults can do this, its a whole lot of fun. I do it every year.
- one can celebrate Christmas in old age homes, orphanage or by donating the poor kids, sick people small gifts and sweets or food.
- volunteer at a NGO
- Christmas means spending time, sharing , giving. so celebrate Christmas with friends family, elders and children alike.
- One can have potluck with family and relatives.
- exchange gifts, Gifts for Christmas need not be elaborate, a home made gift made with feelings has more value than expensive ones. An entire post on my home made gifts is here.
- Christmas carols add to the Christmas joy.
- have Christmas holiday movie party or get together find an entire post about the same here.
- bake cookies and cakes. Hot cups of coco and cookies.
- prepare a special yummy Christmas meal.
- visit malls to watch the Christmas trees and decorations.
- don't forget Santa and his bag of goodies.
- Christmas tree with gifts at its bottom.
- stockings hung.
- one can even make a handmade Christmas tree of cardboard paper or various things, let your imagination run wild. you can even buy a small artificial tree if not a real one.
- decorate the Christmas tree together with family with stringers, stars and whatever you want.
- one can also celebrate Christmas by going on a picnic or a vacation.
- be thankful to God and to your life.
There are so many ways one can celebrate Christmas it is all about adding the personal touch.
Let the joy of Christmas fill your life with love and happiness.