Best Buys

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Apache Fly High



Apache, the first ever lounge bar In Pune has opened its fourth and largest outlet in Viman Nagar. This 15 year old brand is well known in the city for it value for money drinks, Music and an entire lounge experience.
The Viman Nagar branch is quite special as it packs a good punch with its quirky interiors, bar bites and a wonderful array of drinks.
The stunning interiors, retro vibe, bright colours and eccentric elements throughout is a perfect setting.
Apache located in Viman Nagar is spread over the ground, mezzanine and terrace floors.
I loved the while vibe going on the terrace with scooters used as chairs and carts used as a table. Its fun, quirky, cosy, bright and laid back. Perfect place to let your hair down and hang out with friends over their even quirkier drinks and nibbles.
They have tried to experiment a lot with their cocktails and presentation of Food. Their presentation is quirky enough to get everyone talking about it.
We were invited for a Food tasting and I sure had my bite and misses.
Firstly I loved the vibe of the place, my facorite being the terrace to chill around, the bar on the ground floor is really eye catching and the focal point of the place with the old cassette wall.


Loved these .. totally Rofl








The brightly painted walls with grafitti...









I was genuinely hooked to the place and waiting for the drinks and Food to take it to the next level.
The drinks and Food did arrive with an applomp and took us By suprise and awe But did they measure up to our expectation and passed the taste test.....

Take a look yourself ...

Starting with the drinks ... they are really experimental with the cocktails, the presentation is really nice as you can see however the cocktails were tad sweet for my liking.. give me my classic Mojitos and Martinis and the likes and I Am a happy puppy..
However the Banta Goti soda deserves a special mention. Served in the goti soda form this cocktail is a treat for your senses. I absolutely Love it. MUST TRY. Now it wasn't served to us on our this visit But I have had it at their launch and its a bomb.


Summer in a Jar 


Masala cheese fries .. 
Fries served with sweet yogurt.
I honestly don't Like my fries with sweet lassi texture.
I Like my fries crispy, Simple with cheese Dip, Mayo or Simple ketchup... all three elements were missing... so a miss for me 




I loved this cute pac man.. quirky presentation ...



The Cd kinda menu ..



Tandoori chicken chaat.. 
I know it sounds weird But the combination worked magic and this dish was bang on. The flavours just came together really well.
MUST TRY 



This darling was served in a way where you can see yourself while sipping on it.






Thai style sausage try 


Horn ok chill - Mocktail 👍


The pizzas were absolute favorite perfect nibbles to go along side the drinks and endless comversation.
We had the Pepper Paneer Pizza
And the Chilli Chicken Pizza both were amazing. Perfect crust and toppings.
MUST TRY

 





Mutton Kheema Dhabeli Pav


Red Sangria 👍



Perfect Chakhna - Roasted Moongphali bhel



Tandoori chicken Ceasar salad

I liked it. It was Like having your tandoori with crispy lettuce .. nice 


Finally my Margarita


Skull Banger
It looked mean and I wish it packed that punch however it was on the sweeter side.


Green Thai Chicken Curry
I loved it. The flavours were bang on, one of my favorites of the night.
MUST TRY



We tried quite some shots and sweet disposition and bloody valentine had our vote.



Rum and spice chicken skewers.
These were very bland, no taste, chewy served with a sweet yogurt. 
COMPLETE MISS 



Chilli Basa .. Average


Garlic Prawns
We all were awaiting this one But the prawns were over cooked and the dish lacked in taste. 


Raspberry Mousse Cake 
Nice and cheesy.


This soft, chocolatey Sinful indulgence is Chocolate mousse with old monk ... delectable swirls of heaven laced with some some strong Monk ... chocolate Monk at its BEST



Jagerbomb

We indeed had a fun night with fabulous company. I Love the vibe of this place and it has huge potential. Definitely must visit for lazy chilled out nights with friends, Food, drinks and good Music.
Do Check it out.

Timings: 11:30am to 1pm
Address: Shop 3, Turning point, Behind Phoenix Mall, Viman Nagar, Pune

This review was for tje invite from Carpe Diem and Apache however the views are completely mine based on my experience of the night.
Thanks for hosting me and special shout out to Sannaya Kadam from Carpe Diem for being a perfect host.

xoxo
Bhakti

No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like