Best Buys

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Green Mexican Rice

I hate cooking elaborate meals which take too long. My thing is short, simple, quick yet tasty recipes. 
This is what I whipped up for dinner in 20 minutes. 
I don't plan meals, I just use whatever is available in the kitchen to satisfy my dinner demons 😉😜 
I was craving for a rice dish and wanted to try out something new. 
I decided on Mexican green rice and realised I didn't have one major ingredient Spinach. 
However stubborn that I am , I still decided to go ahead and experiment. 

So here goes my Mexican Green Rice with a twist ( can never stay mainstream on a straight path, I just love twists in every form - rebel 😊) 

Green Mexican Rice 

Ingredients 

1 cup fresh coriander / cilantro 
1/2 cup mint leaves 
5 green chillies (according to taste) 
1 medium size onion puréed 
1/2 cup fresh coconut grated in paste 
1 tspn ginger garlic paste 
1/2 cup corn 
1 cup rice 
Olive oil 
1/2 lemon 

Method 

In a pan heat 1 tbspn olive oil 
Add onion purée and sauté 
Add ginger garlic paste and sauté 
Add coconut paste 
Make a paste of coriander, mint and chillies and add to pan, sauté. 
Then add the corn. 
Add the rice. 
And squeeze the lemon juice in this mixture. 
Add salt and pepper according to taste . 
Add water and let the rice cook. 

Tada !!! That easy !! Have a look !! It turned out really well and yummilicious ❤️❤️








Enjoy with a chilled iced tea or shake. 

Next time will make it spinach, healthy tasty way of getting dosage of greens, especially for hubby dear who runs away from it 🙈🙈. Now let that be a secret, shouldn't we? And I am blogging about the same,, duhhh me 😜☺️🍴

xoxo
Bhakti 


No comments:

Post a Comment

you might also like